Housing ManagementOur nationwide housing team works with our tenants to keep tenancies in good shape and to adapt people’s homes in line with their changing needs.
Our tenants have high levels of choice and control over their homes, including a matching service to make sure tenants are compatible with new housemates.
We provide easy read tenancy agreements (including video easyread) and face-to-face support to make sure our tenants fully understand their contracts.
The team can handle a wide range of different situations. We provide housing management and/or maintenance. We own property and also lease from others. Usually we provide the support but occasionally the tenant is supported by another provider. We’re flexible, we hold high standards, and we take pride in being good partners
Housing Broker• In Weymouth we’ve worked exceptionally hard alongside partners including family, the NHS and the local authority to find and buy a new home for a young man at risk of entering ATU. This may sound routine but we’re dead proud of this – there were some nail biting moments!
• In Gateshead, we’re working in a brilliant partnership with Places4People to secure social rents for people with highly complex needs, and working with them to adapt the property accordingly.
• And in Sheffield, we’ve recently worked with a housing association to enable a particular individual to move to more suited location – we’re tracking incidents and expecting these to now fall considerably.
With years of experience, our supported housing brokers can advise both local authorities and families on:• finding suitable properties
• renting a home and tenancy agreements
• renting from private landlords, the local authority, developers, families or a housing association
• buying a property, including shared ownership
• property maintenance.
• assistive technology
DevelopmentsWe don’t build intentional communities. We do create places where people with learning disabilities and autism can live vibrant lives within their local city, town or village.
If you’re a landlord, developer, commissioner or investor why not talk to us?
• In Sheffield, we’re working with NHS (England) and the local authority to finance and rebuild a property that will eventually provide five fully self contained flats in a vibrant local community for young autistic people transitioning into adult support.
• In the St Albans area, following planning approval from the Secretary of State and working with Homes England, we’re building on a brownfield site to provide individual flats and bungalows for nine people – once again, in the heart of a local community and with assistive technology central to the design.
• In Essex, we’re partnering with a local developer and the council’s adult social care team to build three flats tailored to the needs of the people we support there.